Saturday, July 31, 2010

What a weird... battle...

This is fading fast in my mind so lets just hit details. These are in no order and they jump all over the place.

The gist of the dream was combat mixed with Julie moving out. The only thing related to the two things is the location I'd start and stop from. I don't remember any of the details of the fighting now, but I do remember some of the other things that happened.

First thing I will mention is being on shit. Looked like the starboard side smoking area of the USS Harper's Ferry. On there were some old military friends. Of those friends, I only recognized one. He was a Doc we had back from one my my boat courses. He was there rapping in spanish, throwing in the inside line of "Yo Mami" (don't bitch) in the tone he always put it. My friends were there as well. I forget which ones.

We then went inside. Now it suddenly looked like we were inside a house. Well, we were suddenly inside of a house, unrelated to the boat. I thought it was my apartment. Now that think about it, it didn't look anything like my apartment, but it felt like ti was. There was no dividing wall between the front door and the living room. The kitchen was of different design and had a door that went into something of a basement area. There were people going through my house. Not the drawers or anything, but walking through to the kitchen to go downstairs.

There was something about Julie suddenly grabbing all of her stuff for her moving out. Jake and Cory were there as well, but Cory's presence felt stronger than Jake's. I had fallen asleep on the couch. I felt tension from Julie about me doing so.

Downstairs was something of an open garage area (this I know was the second to last dream I had). There was this one guy who was trying to get me to do some sort of yoga workout group. The person doing the convincing was Asian and familiar to me. The whole thing was done in this basement area from walking downstairs, but it looked more like an abandoned area in a lush and beautiful tropical jungle. Only in this case, were were further into the ground so it looked like we were in a pit. A rectangular pit that extended lengthwise maybe an additional 50 feet. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the area was covered in overhead from the house. The rest was leaves everywhere with a small body of water that took up half of this pit. There was a light misty rain and the sun was poking through the leaves in a golden manner. I felt bad because I didn't know my apartment had that. I would have loved to have spent my time down there had I known.

With those details, I had been down there before, but it was to escape from something or attack something. Combat related, but it felt like avoiding than assaulting. There was the stairwell to get down there and then, at the back, dead center, there was a door that I really want to say went into some kind of restaurant kitchen. This is where I met the others for the dinner I'm going to talk about. The second time I was down there was when I really studied it.

Dinner with my friends and family. I was eating with them. I had a caesar salad with very large croutons. The table was rectangular. Seated at it was my dad, and some female my age. I almost want to say Tricia from high school, though I may be horribly mistaken. At another round table to the rear of that table when facing the immediate wall was my mom. Everyone had the salad. (I'm amused I can taste in my dreams). Across from where no one was sitting was something of a salad bar, but it was in kind of a shelf. There was dressing on it. However when I grabbed it and put it in my bowl, I didn't get any on my hands. If anything it no longer had dressing. I didn't notice this until now. I just kept thinking to myself that the salad was too soft and soggy. Somehow I make talk about this, and I say that "It's been a really bad year for lettuce." For some reason, in my head, climate change popped in as the reason for this. That makes me make a stupid face now. I also remember, kneading? the lettuce. Trying to get it so it's not sticking out of the bowl. Eventually, it looked kind of organized and blanketed. The pieces were very large. Mostly romaine pieces mixed with iceberg and cabbage leaves. Maybe it was after this the former happened (story above)?

There was a third incident of my going down to the sunny-jungle-basement. In this one, there was a group of people headed down again. Same Yoga thing, but also felt toury, if that's a word. Tricia was down there. She mentioned something about how she was looking for an apartment come soon. Of course, I mentioned something about the extra room I have available for rent with a friend of mine (3br place). She said she'd definitely consider it. I told her how much it was. She almost seemed like she was trying to haggle with me about it. I felt like she was trying to make it less than $450/mo. She proceeded to tell me how she lost her job and that she was only making $430 a month off of unemployment. I'm thinking "dammit" and why the hell can't people just get a job that's not glorious but pays some money?

On my way up, there was some sort of, uh, deity? She said or gave me something that she said was going to help. Somehow, I saw that my rent for each room had gone to zero, and mine was only about 5-15 dollars. That makes no sense, but I thought I'd say it. Her element was water. This was for something else I had done previously, but have forgotten at this time.

Locked house suddenly unlocked. it was from one of the three trips to the basement. Cartoonish murder scene on the first bedroom to the right. kitchen to the left. There were stairs leading to a second floor? Wider architecture. Man and woman. Woman wearing white (no signs of visible trauma), the man wearing pajamas? The man's chest area was bloody. Obvious chest wounds. The incident felt like a stabbing. At first I though the woman did it then committed suicide because the husbands wrists were bound together. Then, upon closer inspection, the woman's arms were bound as well. There was an upstairs to that place as well. For some reason, I remember trying to get in there previously to no avail. There was someone else who was there at that time. A woman. Perhaps she was responsible? It didn't feel like she was. It felt more like she was just... living there with two bodies in the downstairs.

I was outside running in a town carrying an assault rifle of unknown origin. I was there to support three or four friends. I remember two males and one female, but I'm not sure if there was a fourth male. I believe there was though. They weren't military. THey felt more like paramilitary. They were experienced none the less. OH goodie, combat. There was a lot more to it than what I really remember (I just remember that there was more, not what happened). I turn this one corner and go through a shot out wooden building. The wall is missing on the side that was opposite me. My side was still partially there. All buildings are attached like in a town or city square. There's this one guy standing there. I shoot, he turns around. I shoot again and again. It does nothing. Shooting and it didn't work. Punching didn't work. We were now locked together in hand to hand. I went to snap his neck but ended up snapping his arm. I saw a health-bar go down to red, which now I laugh at. I tried again and again to see if it would go down further, but it didn't. This is where Jake suddenly appeared with other friends of mine. I was kind of in a grassy field area now with an overcast sky. The building I was in fighting was now to my left. Jake shoring me how to execute a throw technique. Before he did it, I thought of what he was going to do the second he grabbed my arms. There was also another friend there who I tried throwing a couple of times. I'm not sure if it was voluntary.

Then I woke up.

fighting -

No comments: